• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Most Dangerous Railway line in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

samj

Member
Joined
3 Oct 2008
Messages
174
The north seems to have many hotspots, South Yorkshire has problems around Doncaster, Mexborough, Conisborough with cable theft, brickings etc.

Leeds has alot of problems with brickings too, i have been bricked before in
between Leeds and New Pudsey.

As I already mentioned, Man Vic-Rochdale can be nasty, and so can Farnworth in between Salford and Bolton, used to be very bad with brickings and things being thrown on the tracks.

Many years ago, I think Preston-Blackpool had problems too, the area when you leave Preston heading to Blackpool used to be a hotspot, I have been bricked whilst on a train before near Layton, and then once on the approach to Blackpool near the carriage sidings.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

150222

Member
Joined
9 Jul 2011
Messages
1,002
I've never had any trouble between Man Vic & Rochdale nor New Pudsey & Leeds *. I travel between both fairly regulaly. There are chavs about now and again but I've never noticed bricking.

*Cable theft aside.
 

WestCoast

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2010
Messages
5,665
Location
South Yorkshire
Many years ago, I think Preston-Blackpool had problems too, the area when you leave Preston heading to Blackpool used to be a hotspot, I have been bricked whilst on a train before near Layton, and then once on the approach to Blackpool near the carriage sidings.

These incidents seem to coincide with the summer school holidays (a story which I am sure is repeated across the country), the rest of the year it seems fairly quiet with regards to lineside incidents.
 

VTPreston_Tez

Member
Joined
26 Jan 2012
Messages
1,159
Location
Preston
^When FNW and AN were operating there were no problems. There are a few now with NR and TPE but otherwise, no problems.
 

tirphil

Member
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Messages
275
Location
Wales
Sadly, I've experienced problems on all the routes I have signed with the exception of the S&C and the ECML north of Hambleton South.

Brickings, crossing misuse, objects dropped from over bridges, dumped in the four foot, placed on the rail head, had golf balls thrown at me once whilst on an SPT, kids playing chicken and drunks taking short cuts late at night.

The stupidity of some people when on or near the railway ceased to amaze me quite some time ago.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top