biggus
Member
- Joined
- 26 Sep 2012
- Messages
- 55
When I lived in Washington DC, there were constant accidents on their metro rail system involving collisions between trains or derailments (every few weeks, and certainly several times a year) . Some of these accidents were fatal, many were spectacular. All this on a rail system that is miniscule compared to the metro system in New York or LUL where such accidents are essentially unheard of.
I haven't yet attempted to work out fatalities per billion passenger miles for Washington's WMATA metro rail, but I find it hard to believe that there is another railway as dangerous anywhere in the developed world.
Here is a history of recent WMATA rail accidents from Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Metro#Accidents
Does anyone have anything to beat this?
I haven't yet attempted to work out fatalities per billion passenger miles for Washington's WMATA metro rail, but I find it hard to believe that there is another railway as dangerous anywhere in the developed world.
Here is a history of recent WMATA rail accidents from Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Metro#Accidents
Does anyone have anything to beat this?