• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mortgage Terminology

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeza1

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2012
Messages
384
I am wanting to find out what I will owe on my mortgage at any given time, I found a website a while ago, on which you put down the amount borrowed, the term and I think, the APR, then it would give you a yearly breakdown of the capital owed, enabling you to work out what it would cost to pay off said mortgage, (assuming you had kept up with your payments). There is a term for this but I can't remember what it is, I seem to remember it was actually a US Bank website, but the principle is the same. Anyone got any ideas?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zoidberg

Established Member
Joined
27 Aug 2010
Messages
1,270
Location
West Midlands
Would it be the "Settlement Figure"? That has been referred to in terms of loans I have had.

EDIT: Ah, Amortisation. A different beast entirely!
 
Last edited:

richw

Veteran Member
Joined
10 Jun 2010
Messages
11,528
Location
Liskeard
Amortization Schedule:

APR is typically applied as compound interest across the year, meaning that the debt grows as interest owed is added to the principal. The long terms of mortgage notes, typically 30 years, result from payments being applied to interest, while impacting the principal little, at least at the beginning of the term. These payment plans are known as amortization schedules and are a direct result of the APR applied to the principal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top