• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
So hang on... where are we now?

Since it's a bit blurry (damn Eyjafjallajökull and its ash cloud), I invoke the Double Play convention (after the great Polvski), and move to Shadwell.
 

Hydro

Established Member
Joined
5 Mar 2007
Messages
2,204
A quick bounce across to Ruislip Gardens it is then.
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
That won't be long, because...

Stanmore.
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
I'm sure you can all see where I'm going with this...

Mansion House
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Are you sure? That means I can play Hyde Park Corner.
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Now that is a shocking turn of events!

Watford Junction
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Now I'm afraid that that one is a step too far. I was prepared to overlook Westinster, but that is just something else.
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Do you see now?! Dear oh dear...
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Smythe only works coming off deep level lines. Sorry.
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,939
Location
Fenny Stratford
Smythe only works coming off deep level lines. Sorry.

after further research I believe I should have referred to the Ponsonby - Smythe co-efficient (an elementary mistake!) - However in the interests of good sportsmanship I shall let it pass!
 

Flamingo

Established Member
Joined
26 Apr 2010
Messages
6,806
Yes. I'm quite exhausted after all that mental effort.

But I will look out my old set of rules later tonight; the ageing cat permitting. One day, I might even tell you the story about how I got a hold of them in the first place - its enough to say for now that it wasn't entirely legitimate and involved a much loved and sadly missed trumpeter leaving his trumpet case open in a dressing room late one night.

They are not rules, they are laws. Get it right. Snakes and ladders has rules, the glorious game has laws. Oh dear (shakes head)...

Anyway, as Darlo has not learned how to leave his laterals protected when making a transverse approach, I shall make the obvious move a return to

Royal Oak

(Careful Darlo, you were very close to Nidd there)
 

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
23 Mar 2011
Messages
2,631
Did you listen to what he said?! :roll: :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top