Failed Unit
Established Member
I have a key season ticket - Between Welwyn Garden City and Blackfrairs.
I also have KeyGo.
I have had a couple of oddities recently, probably because the key isn't picking up all entries / exits. At Welwyn Garden City it often opens the gates but the fact I have used the station doesn't seem to register.
I have got hit by a couple of charges.
1. Travelling to Moorgate I was hit with the full charge from Finsbury Park - Moorgate. It used to be a valid route from Welwyn Garden City - Blackfrairs to travel via Moorgate --> Farringdon --> Blackfriars vai City Thamelink. Has this changed since Thameslink (Finsbury Park route) opened? It was often given in journey planners. During the gaps in service it sometimes still is. Normally not an issue as I don't tap out at Moorgate. On this occasion I decided to walk hence the charge? Is the route no longer valid or should I contest the Charge?
2. Because of last nights disruption I travelled via London Underground to get to Kings Cross. Needed to go through the gates manually. But I was charged between Kings Cross and Finsbury Park. Surely this is valid irrespective? Again have the changed the routing to only accept travel via St Pancras and disallow breaking journeys (although this was enforced)
Going to get keyGo removed - it never seems to calculate anything correctly and I always seem to end up contesting it. But just wanted to see in particular on point 1, if I have a right to fight GTR for a refund? Point 2. I can't see how they can refuse.
**. Just used a journey planner for tomorrow. It had given me Welwyn Garden City - Blackfriars via Moorgate and City Thameslink as a valid route. Will print this off and contest both errors.
I also have KeyGo.
I have had a couple of oddities recently, probably because the key isn't picking up all entries / exits. At Welwyn Garden City it often opens the gates but the fact I have used the station doesn't seem to register.
I have got hit by a couple of charges.
1. Travelling to Moorgate I was hit with the full charge from Finsbury Park - Moorgate. It used to be a valid route from Welwyn Garden City - Blackfrairs to travel via Moorgate --> Farringdon --> Blackfriars vai City Thamelink. Has this changed since Thameslink (Finsbury Park route) opened? It was often given in journey planners. During the gaps in service it sometimes still is. Normally not an issue as I don't tap out at Moorgate. On this occasion I decided to walk hence the charge? Is the route no longer valid or should I contest the Charge?
2. Because of last nights disruption I travelled via London Underground to get to Kings Cross. Needed to go through the gates manually. But I was charged between Kings Cross and Finsbury Park. Surely this is valid irrespective? Again have the changed the routing to only accept travel via St Pancras and disallow breaking journeys (although this was enforced)
Going to get keyGo removed - it never seems to calculate anything correctly and I always seem to end up contesting it. But just wanted to see in particular on point 1, if I have a right to fight GTR for a refund? Point 2. I can't see how they can refuse.
**. Just used a journey planner for tomorrow. It had given me Welwyn Garden City - Blackfriars via Moorgate and City Thameslink as a valid route. Will print this off and contest both errors.
Last edited: