• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Montreux Oberland Bernois

Status
Not open for further replies.

londontransit

Member
Joined
26 May 2021
Messages
214
Location
London
I am doing a series of articles on the Chemin de fer Montreux Oberland Bernois as its 120 years since the line first opened. These include a historical look at the line, and also most of the upgrades that have been done to the railway over the past eighty years or so including new alignments, (plus the associated new bridges and tunnels) and the modernisation of many of the railway's stations to comply with the Swiss Rail Accessibility regulations (eg the Federal Act on the Elimination of Discrimination against People with Disabilities and the Ordinance on the Adaptation of Public Transport to the Needs of People with Disabilities.) The first instalment is a historical look at the railway (including the original intent for a rack rather than an adhesion operated line) covering the line at Montreux, Chernex, Les Avants, the Jaman tunnel etc.

Montreux Oberland Bernois 120th Anniversary Part One.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

londontransit

Member
Joined
26 May 2021
Messages
214
Location
London
The second part of the Montreux Oberland Bernois anniversary articles is published. This covers the section from Montbovon to Zweisimmen, once again with a good number of historical photographs from various sources.

The MOB's upgrades (including the rebuild of Montbovon station which the Transports Publics Fribourgeois actually own) will be the next instalments in this special series.

Montreux Oberland Bernois 120th (2)
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,556
Location
Yorkshire
Thanks for posting. I did this line a few years ago and I definitely want to go back there; if anyone hasn't done it, make sure you do!
 

londontransit

Member
Joined
26 May 2021
Messages
214
Location
London
Thanks for posting. I did this line a few years ago and I definitely want to go back there; if anyone hasn't done it, make sure you do!
I'd love to go back too and do all of the Swiss metre gauge lines again. I don't think its possible. I got quite attached to the MOB as it was the only one I practically spent a whole week on. Its why doing these posts is a good therapy!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top