• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Monday 7th May 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2005
Messages
4,286
Hi all,

Please could someone possibly provide me with a full list of, or the altered timetable for diversions on May 7th, north of Preston, over the S&C?

I can only currently get info by asking the ordinary ticketing sites or NRES for point to point info, and not actually where the train stops, and where it's going to/from? (And more importantly if its Voyager or Pendolino)

Many thanks for any help, it would be great if anyone could come up with destinations/intermediate stations as well.

Voyager Dude 220
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2005
Messages
4,286
Hi all,

this afternoon, I sent an email to VT about the lack of altered timetables on their website, for May 7th.
----------------------------------------------------------------
My Email:

Dear Virgin Trains,

I'm looking for the altered timetable for May 7th 2007, for your services north of Preston, as I'm aware that the West Coast mainline is closed on the day.

I'm very dissappointed that such information isn't yet available on your website, apart from when you request tickets/times between two points.

I'm also aware that GNER has already posted very up-to-date information about engineering work which will affect their services, which Virgin has failed to do so far

--------------------------------------------------------
I'm annoyed that I forgot to include the link to GNER's website.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
VT's response:
Dear Ian

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding your feedback.

I have passed the details of your enquiry to our System Specialists to investigate this matter further and hope to resolve this as soon as possible.

We have a partner that uses our journey planner software so you can check timetables. The address is http://pda.kizoom.co.uk/. Alternatively, please visit www.nationalrail.co.uk then select "Train times & fares" & "Timetables you can print".

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Kind regards

Saurabh
------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other words- No VT aren't willing to inform their passengers, on their own website, of the altered timetable?

Also: The engineering work bit at: http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/engineering/default.aspx

was only updated last on THE 4th of APRIL!

This consequently means that there's NO up to date info on VT's website, apart from the timetables which will run out on May 19th.

I have to personally admit (particularly to Yorkie) that VT has been beaten this time (for once) by GNER.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top