Southwest
Member
The sun shone but it wasn't without it's problems.
Purchased two day rovers, £22 each. Just missed the 9.30 from Dereham so went for the 10.30 to Wymondley Abbey. It left late and got to Thuxton where we waited for the service from WA to cross over. That was late and we seemed to wait an age. By the time we got to WA we decided to go into Wymondley for some grub.
Just made it back for the 12.45 to Dereham to see that the 37 had failed. After what seemed an age, Ramiles turned up to pull the sick 37 and the stock back to Dereham. We left WA around 2.20 and by the time we got back to Dereham it was nearly 3pm.
I went to the ticket office and said was there any chance of a refund of the difference between and return and rover ticket, expecting a bit of a hoohah, the gent behind the glass said "no problem".
So, I think a big thumbs up should go the the MNR for this. I hope Sunday is less troublesome for them.
Purchased two day rovers, £22 each. Just missed the 9.30 from Dereham so went for the 10.30 to Wymondley Abbey. It left late and got to Thuxton where we waited for the service from WA to cross over. That was late and we seemed to wait an age. By the time we got to WA we decided to go into Wymondley for some grub.
Just made it back for the 12.45 to Dereham to see that the 37 had failed. After what seemed an age, Ramiles turned up to pull the sick 37 and the stock back to Dereham. We left WA around 2.20 and by the time we got back to Dereham it was nearly 3pm.
I went to the ticket office and said was there any chance of a refund of the difference between and return and rover ticket, expecting a bit of a hoohah, the gent behind the glass said "no problem".
So, I think a big thumbs up should go the the MNR for this. I hope Sunday is less troublesome for them.