• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MK3 Buffet/restaurant car in garden etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambsy

On Moderation
Joined
6 Oct 2011
Messages
1,113
sorry mods if in wrong sub forum.

I had an interesting thing happen yesterday, I was out driving for my job (Fri 8th July) in the Glastonbury area, where i spotted a MK3 buffet/restaurant car, in a garden etc, with a bit of graffiti on it, under a sort of covering, which got me wandering what it was doing there, and who owned it etc? It just seemed a random place to find a MK3 buffet/restaurant car. As was running bit late, couldn’t go back and have a look, and as was using sat nav, and rushing around, I didnt have time to see which A road etc I was on.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Amlag

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2018
Messages
312
sorry mods if in wrong sub forum.

I had an interesting thing happen yesterday, I was out driving for my job (Fri 8th July) in the Glastonbury area, where i spotted a MK3 buffet/restaurant car, in a garden etc, with a bit of graffiti on it, under a sort of covering, which got me wandering what it was doing there, and who owned it etc? It just seemed a random place to find a MK3 buffet/restaurant car. As was running bit late, couldn’t go back and have a look, and as was using sat nav, and rushing around, I didnt have time to see which A road etc I was on.
That MKIII Buffet coach was previously at S&D Midsomer Norton stn for service of refreshments, now replaced by a MK 1 coach.
 

swanhill41

Member
Joined
8 Nov 2016
Messages
253
Location
Fleetwood
Was this alongside the road between Glastonbury and Shepton Mallet?..If that's the one,it is on the land of a small farm,which is owned by lets say a rather odd/eccentric gentleman called Paul Chant..If I m correct also a diesel loco on a piece of track..Reason?..Just because he wants to have them there!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top