mlok
Member
Hi
I've put myself in a very difficult position and i admit to being very, very wrong. My financial worries at home have led me to do this, but there is no excuse I suppose.
Since March this year I've been using the 16-17 railcard (I'm actually 47 years of age) to get a discounted rail ticket, travelling from Maidenhead to London Paddington.
Today I've been caught by the Revenue protection officers at the Paddington station barriers and the inspector asked for the railcard, which clearly I didn't have.
Stupidly, I've stated im 16 and then admitted my age correctly. Secondly, i have a daughter who is about to turn 16 in Dec and again, stupidly, i admitted that my daughter has a rail card.
He has taken my address down, my email address and then took a snip of all the journeys I've taken so far from the GWR app.
Im feeling very very worried how all of this is going to turn out.
I vow never to commit this ever again in my life and I hope I have a chance to explain why I did what i did.
When do the GWR write back and do they offer an out-of-court settlement?
Any guidance and advice will be most appreciated.
I've put myself in a very difficult position and i admit to being very, very wrong. My financial worries at home have led me to do this, but there is no excuse I suppose.
Since March this year I've been using the 16-17 railcard (I'm actually 47 years of age) to get a discounted rail ticket, travelling from Maidenhead to London Paddington.
Today I've been caught by the Revenue protection officers at the Paddington station barriers and the inspector asked for the railcard, which clearly I didn't have.
Stupidly, I've stated im 16 and then admitted my age correctly. Secondly, i have a daughter who is about to turn 16 in Dec and again, stupidly, i admitted that my daughter has a rail card.
He has taken my address down, my email address and then took a snip of all the journeys I've taken so far from the GWR app.
Im feeling very very worried how all of this is going to turn out.
I vow never to commit this ever again in my life and I hope I have a chance to explain why I did what i did.
When do the GWR write back and do they offer an out-of-court settlement?
Any guidance and advice will be most appreciated.