waveyswirley
Member
Say you're changing trains at a station from one Advance Single journey to another, but because of temporary mobile ticket IT problems, needing the toilet or some other issue you miss your scheduled departure - is your only option buying a brand new ticket for the next departure?
I'm asking because my mother got in touch with me today after being in this situation at Birmingham New Street changing trains on a journey from Newton Abbott to Liverpool Lime St. The arriving service was not late - she was just delayed because she was having trouble finding the ticket for the second leg of her journey on her phone. I didn't see her message in time and in the end she simply bought an additional walk-up Birmingham - Liverpool fare. If I was in this situation, I might try waiting for the next train to arrive and politely ask a member of staff if they would allow me to board with an Advance for the previous service - but this can be a stressful approach, especially on those dark, noisy New Street platforms...
What would your approach be in this situation?
I'm asking because my mother got in touch with me today after being in this situation at Birmingham New Street changing trains on a journey from Newton Abbott to Liverpool Lime St. The arriving service was not late - she was just delayed because she was having trouble finding the ticket for the second leg of her journey on her phone. I didn't see her message in time and in the end she simply bought an additional walk-up Birmingham - Liverpool fare. If I was in this situation, I might try waiting for the next train to arrive and politely ask a member of staff if they would allow me to board with an Advance for the previous service - but this can be a stressful approach, especially on those dark, noisy New Street platforms...
What would your approach be in this situation?