Ive been caught by this very machine, northbound TL, by the exit to the EL stairs, not knowing the above until tonight…

My profile invited me to challenge it, and it did adjust the fare, but I still don't know if its correct.
This is the adjustment..

my journey was London Bridge to Royal Victoria, there was no break at Farringdon, just touching this reader as instructed, and heading straight down to EL from TL.
I hate using payg in London for exactly this reason, every day is a drama.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
How do you protect yourself from this rubbish in future. I always use paper tickets, such as a travelcard, when doing a return journey to avoid these issues, but on this date I was only going one way and thought i’d give payg a chance… and yes robbed by it again, and looks like I could have jeopardized the rest of my life and career too through no fault of my own had this been challenged.

My profile invited me to challenge it, and it did adjust the fare, but I still don't know if its correct.
This is the adjustment..

my journey was London Bridge to Royal Victoria, there was no break at Farringdon, just touching this reader as instructed, and heading straight down to EL from TL.
I hate using payg in London for exactly this reason, every day is a drama.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Yes that would be me by the looks of it.My concern is if I hear about someone not being charged correctly having touched the yellow reader between EL and TL. That would suggest that continuation exit is not set correctly. I've no reason to suspect that at the moment, but it is a worry.
How do you protect yourself from this rubbish in future. I always use paper tickets, such as a travelcard, when doing a return journey to avoid these issues, but on this date I was only going one way and thought i’d give payg a chance… and yes robbed by it again, and looks like I could have jeopardized the rest of my life and career too through no fault of my own had this been challenged.
Last edited: