• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mirfield to Liverpool Stations routeing query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,493
Location
Yorkshire
I'm not in a position to check at the moment, but could anyone check to see if the return of an off peak Mirfield to Liverpool Stations is valid via Dewsbury please? The mobile site is keen to give me such routes due to far better connections, but I'm not sure it is valid.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,493
Location
Yorkshire
For it to be valid via Dewsbury you'd need something bonkers like Liverpool - Manchester - Halifax - Bradford - Leeds - Dewsbury - Mirfield to be a mapped route.

It is true that there are some bonkers routeings that are valid for certain flows, however this is not one of them as far as I can tell. Sorry!

(and I understand your guard was one of the few who carries a copy of the Routeing Guide ;) I am sure he was able to advise accordingly!:lol:)
 

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,493
Location
Yorkshire
Thanks Yorkie.

As it happened, travel back was sooner than expected so I utilised a 45 min BoJ in Manchester, where there is far more of interest than Hudd. 2 stoppers leaving Hudd within 5 mins isn't helpful!

I didn't think this double back would be allowed, and I wish the planner wouldn't show such ones. I know there are negative easements for Batley, Morley and Cottingley to Leeds that a doubleback via Dewsbury isn't permitted.

Indeed, I should you have clarified with the guard :)
 

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2009
Messages
2,749
Thanks Yorkie.

As it happened, travel back was sooner than expected so I utilised a 45 min BoJ in Manchester, where there is far more of interest than Hudd. 2 stoppers leaving Hudd within 5 mins isn't helpful!

I didn't think this double back would be allowed, and I wish the planner wouldn't show such ones. I know there are negative easements for Batley, Morley and Cottingley to Leeds that a doubleback via Dewsbury isn't permitted.

Indeed, I should you have clarified with the guard :)


The journey planners are a pain at times as generally they only show the quickest journeys, and it is not until you look at the tickets bit that you see that it says you need more than one ticket for this journey - sadly many people do not notice that bit, or understand what it actually means.
 

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,493
Location
Yorkshire
Thanks for that kwvr45 :)

The problem was I was on the mobile site so got no fares information either, making it doubly difficult!

I have to say, I have recently used WebTIS powered sites for guidance as rather than just giving a price and saying if the ticket is Anytime, Off Peak or Advance, it gives information to the degree of if it is a day/period return, if it TOC specific or route specific (a recent example being Leeds to Sheffield as Any Permitted or NOT Doncaster)
 

calc7

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2011
Messages
2,097
WebTIS is IMO a far superior retailing system. It displays trains-by-fare instead of fares-by-train so makes it a lot more obvious which tickets are valid when. It also has special offers from time to time!
 

starstruck

Member
Joined
11 Jul 2012
Messages
7
No you can't double back via Dewsbury. I live in Mirfield and it's a pain having to get the Norwich service back from Liverpool and changing at Piccadilly.
 

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,493
Location
Yorkshire
No you can't double back via Dewsbury. I live in Mirfield and it's a pain having to get the Norwich service back from Liverpool and changing at Piccadilly.

The EMT fits just about nicely - the TPE really doesn't does it?! Once the service turns half hourly in the evening it appears to be even worse then as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top