Am travelling from Durham to Leicester for a football match on Sunday 2nd of May. It's a £49.70 return (with railcard) but I've been able to get that down to £36 by splitting (I could do £31 but have opted to pay about £5 more than I really need to to travel first class much of the way). I'm doing advanceds for return Durham-Doncaster and Sheffield-Leicester, so I'll also need a Doncaster-Sheffield off-peak day return, which is pretty cheap at £3.30
However, I can't buy this part of my ticket on the East Coast website as they have a five pound minimum charge online. Are there any TOCs who don't have this condition? I could always pick it up on the day (I should have 15 minutes in Donny) but I'd rather save myself the hassle if I can.
However, I can't buy this part of my ticket on the East Coast website as they have a five pound minimum charge online. Are there any TOCs who don't have this condition? I could always pick it up on the day (I should have 15 minutes in Donny) but I'd rather save myself the hassle if I can.