• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Minimum allowed time from London International CIV to Euston/Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSmiths82

Member
Joined
29 Jun 2023
Messages
610
Location
Manchester
I need to book my train from St Pancras to Manchester via Euston (I will just walk to Euston) but my train gets to London at 13:30. There is a train from Euston at 14:10 if I have a CIV ticket (e.g London International to Manchester Picc) would this be considered too early in terms of the minimum transfer time? I know can easily do this as I know both stations very well, but I am not sure if it would be considered too little time? After that the trains CIV start to get very expensive so I will have to buy a fixed ticket and maybe spend a three hours in London as a buffer.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,973
Location
Airedale
I don't have the information handy, but RailEurope will sell you a ticket for a 43-min connection such as yours (xx30 to xx13), which confirms my memory that 40min is fine (in that direction only).

PS the upper limit for that route is the flexible fare of £76.30.
 

TheSmiths82

Member
Joined
29 Jun 2023
Messages
610
Location
Manchester
Thanks. The issue is I can get a fixed ticket for £25 with a discount but it is a risk if the train is very late. I think I allowed 2.5 hours last time and I still missed the train but if I plan on doing a few things in London to break the gap it might be OK getting a later fixed ticket.
 

AlbertBeale

Established Member
Joined
16 Jun 2019
Messages
3,188
Location
London
Thanks. The issue is I can get a fixed ticket for £25 with a discount but it is a risk if the train is very late. I think I allowed 2.5 hours last time and I still missed the train but if I plan on doing a few things in London to break the gap it might be OK getting a later fixed ticket.

When you say a "fixed ticket", do you mean an Advance that's only valid on a specific train? For connections within Britain, if a late-running train makes you miss an otherwise valid [ie with sufficient interchange time] connection, you can use the ticket on a later train. But perhaps that doesn't apply if the late-running train making you miss the connection is a Eurostar - maybe that's the whole point of a CIV ticket in this case. Though if you got an endorsement from Eurostar explaining they were late, you could always ask at Euston to be allowed to use your Advance on a later service. (For outbound journeys, Eurostar seem to be good about that, if your arrival into London is late.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top