• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Miniature railway in Bute and Millport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Am Broc

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2019
Messages
47
Location
Glaschu / Glasgow
I was recently reading up on the tramway on the Isle of Bute/Eilean Bhòid and came across the page below on the Museum of Bute Website about a miniature railway in Ettrick Bay, Bute in the 1930s which then closed and moved over to the Isle of Cumbrae/Eilean Chumaraidh and ran for a couple of seasons in Millport in 1946/47.

I'd be really interested to find out if anybody knows where I could find out more about the railway in Millport - where it was and if there are any photos of it or where I might find out more about it.

 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

randyrippley

Established Member
Joined
21 Feb 2016
Messages
5,382
At least two photos exist of it at Ettrick Bay

note that Ettrick Bay also had a narrow gauge tramway
 

Am Broc

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2019
Messages
47
Location
Glaschu / Glasgow
At least two photos exist of it at Ettrick Bay

note that Ettrick Bay also had a narrow gauge tramway
Thanks so much! I knew about the tramway - I actually found out about the mini railway from a booklet about the tramway.

I've only seen one of the pictures of the mini-railway at Ettrick bay before so many thanks for posting them both. I wonder if there are any pictures of the Millport one out there anywhere?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top