So, Mrs 55013 has been doing a course at work and has an essay to write.
As a result, she has been regularly throwing me out of the house for the last few weeks and today was one such day.
I use a Metrocard (sorry, MCard, Ive got to keep up to date with these things
), so not only can I have a short day, its also pretty much a free one.
I had all the West Yorkshire EMUs for haulage years ago (except the Johnny-come-lately 322s, which I roped in last year), but once Id had them I pretty much ignored them.
Now Ive decided to do the same with them as I do with DMUs, in other words, ride on every vehicle in a set.
Because Ive been recording individual vehicles off and on since 2001, this at least means that Im not starting from scratch.
Anyway, I began today by driving to Shipley and seeing what produced.
First up was 333015 (74475), which I did into Leeds.
Im still after a few Northern DMU vehicles, so had a mooch around Leeds station but nothing much was happening so I jumped on 322482 (78164) to Wakefield.
The first train back to Leeds was a voyager and was absolutely wedged, people were running up and down the platform trying to find a space in a vestibule of this abomination and so I decided to flag it and wait for the Kings Cross service that was 25 minutes later.
This proved to be a very fortuitous decision as the 91 that produced was 91115, a loco that had been sat on 999 and a bit miles for some time, so thats another one in the 1000 mile club.
Next up was the unit that I started the day on, 333015, which I did to Shipley, sat in coach 78480.
For some time it has been bugging me a bit that I had never done Frizinghall, a station thats very close to home, so I intended to go there.
Frizinghall is not the most inviting of places and I wanted to wait there for as short a time as possible.
The timetable is a bit unbalanced and you have a mixture of short and long waits on a Sunday, so I wanted to check that something was due rather than just go straight there on 333015.
I did 333004 (74464) to the winning shack and followed this up ten minutes later with 333003 (74463) into Forster Square.
Both these units were now one coach short of being cleared and so it was back to Frizinghall on 78455 (333003 cleared), followed by 78457 (333004 cleared).
After that it was back to the car and home.
A short but productive day over with.
Heres 333003 at a blinking cold Frizinghall. The footprints you can see were old frozen ones, my size 12 boots made no impression at all!
EMU 333003_2014.12.28_Frizinghall by philwood55013, on Flickr
No classic locos, but enjoyable all the same.
As a result, she has been regularly throwing me out of the house for the last few weeks and today was one such day.
I use a Metrocard (sorry, MCard, Ive got to keep up to date with these things
), so not only can I have a short day, its also pretty much a free one.I had all the West Yorkshire EMUs for haulage years ago (except the Johnny-come-lately 322s, which I roped in last year), but once Id had them I pretty much ignored them.
Now Ive decided to do the same with them as I do with DMUs, in other words, ride on every vehicle in a set.
Because Ive been recording individual vehicles off and on since 2001, this at least means that Im not starting from scratch.
Anyway, I began today by driving to Shipley and seeing what produced.
First up was 333015 (74475), which I did into Leeds.
Im still after a few Northern DMU vehicles, so had a mooch around Leeds station but nothing much was happening so I jumped on 322482 (78164) to Wakefield.
The first train back to Leeds was a voyager and was absolutely wedged, people were running up and down the platform trying to find a space in a vestibule of this abomination and so I decided to flag it and wait for the Kings Cross service that was 25 minutes later.
This proved to be a very fortuitous decision as the 91 that produced was 91115, a loco that had been sat on 999 and a bit miles for some time, so thats another one in the 1000 mile club.
Next up was the unit that I started the day on, 333015, which I did to Shipley, sat in coach 78480.
For some time it has been bugging me a bit that I had never done Frizinghall, a station thats very close to home, so I intended to go there.
Frizinghall is not the most inviting of places and I wanted to wait there for as short a time as possible.
The timetable is a bit unbalanced and you have a mixture of short and long waits on a Sunday, so I wanted to check that something was due rather than just go straight there on 333015.
I did 333004 (74464) to the winning shack and followed this up ten minutes later with 333003 (74463) into Forster Square.
Both these units were now one coach short of being cleared and so it was back to Frizinghall on 78455 (333003 cleared), followed by 78457 (333004 cleared).
After that it was back to the car and home.
A short but productive day over with.
Heres 333003 at a blinking cold Frizinghall. The footprints you can see were old frozen ones, my size 12 boots made no impression at all!
EMU 333003_2014.12.28_Frizinghall by philwood55013, on FlickrNo classic locos, but enjoyable all the same.