• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mini first class experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

route101

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,309
For a perhaps limited time, under 16s can enjoy a first class experience in the London area for well under £1, on one of the nicest 1st class environments in the country. I know of two forum members who regularly take advantage of this.

As for what the staff will think of a teenager asking for a snack box for a journey between Waverley and Haymarket, I really wouldn't like to predict the outcome!

A while back on a VT loco hauled set i was travelling Glasgow to Motherwell on a standard open priv and asked for free breakfast ! They were having none of it . Changed at Mwell onto GNER to Edinburgh . Joys of £2 priv and first class at weekend .
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,887
Location
Cambridge
I have DMed VTWC about it, no response as of yet. I will share the response so anyone interested in this offer can see a definitive clarification on the forum.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that! Saves me having to do it myself. Actually, I did in March, and I've had no response.
 

roversfan2001

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2016
Messages
1,666
Location
Lancashire
Thanks for that! Saves me having to do it myself. Actually, I did in March, and I've had no response.
The response isn't positive unfortunately, and other forum members have expressed their displeasure at someone asking for official confirmation, you have a First Class ticket though don't you?

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk
 

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,887
Location
Cambridge
The response isn't positive unfortunately, and other forum members have expressed their displeasure at someone asking for official confirmation, you have a First Class ticket though don't you?

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Yes I do. Oh dear. I'm sorry, this thread does make me seem rather childish. :oops: It's a shame, I'm actually very sensible! :neutral:
 

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,887
Location
Cambridge
I got one! Ham Hock and Piccalilli sandwich pack, with packet of pretzels, two large chocolate chip cookies and a chocolate truffle!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top