Howardh
Established Member
- Joined
- 17 May 2011
- Messages
- 9,796
Next month instead of MKC to Piccadilly and having to faff about with changing platforms, waiting for a connection at Piccadilly, and then getting a bus when I get back to Bolton - thought I'd try Wigan, and walk for the 615 which takes me directly home (45-50 mins). Surprised on a Thursday there are no direct rains (Avanti) and I would have to change somewhere.
So I bought a ticket to Piccadilly instead and have to go through all the above again, including trying to get home by bus in school rush-hour! I found that you can go back to London and then pick up a direct Avanti to Wigan (see screenshot) - must be one of the furthest journeys you are "allowed" to double-back?
1329 MKC - Euston followed by 1430 Euston to Wigan North western; and further screenshot with the advance fare with r/c £14.36 - a bargain it has to be said!!


So I bought a ticket to Piccadilly instead and have to go through all the above again, including trying to get home by bus in school rush-hour! I found that you can go back to London and then pick up a direct Avanti to Wigan (see screenshot) - must be one of the furthest journeys you are "allowed" to double-back?
1329 MKC - Euston followed by 1430 Euston to Wigan North western; and further screenshot with the advance fare with r/c £14.36 - a bargain it has to be said!!

