• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MIDLAND RAIL TOURS LATE 1960s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobdogs

On Moderation
Joined
19 Dec 2017
Messages
167
Location
Carmarthenshire
I went to secondary school in Birmingham in the second half of the 1960s. We had a teacher who was a railway enthusiast and took us on, I think, either 3 or 4 railway excursions from which station I have no recollection. There were only 4 things I remember from these trips.One of the tours was called the 3 spires rail tour. We went round the Moira Triangle. We went to Humber Road junction in Coventry, if I remember correctly it was a soon to be a closed line past factories. We travelled past what is now Birds scrapyard in Long Marston. I recall seeing aeroplanes there. Whether we turned round at Honeybourne or maybe Cheltenham I have no idea. I am sure that these trips were all on DMUs with windows so you could see forward past the driver. I know that it is a long shot, but if any forum member or guest can embellish my sketchy recollections I would be very grateful. Thank you.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top