NotATrainspott
Established Member
- Joined
- 2 Feb 2013
- Messages
- 3,304
Logic would suggest an answer of 'yes'.
When will HS2 Ltd start stealing electrification contractors from Network Rail?
Logic would suggest an answer of 'yes'.
Well with so much of our Railway network to electrify I doubt that was ever going to happen, it seems to make sense to me as far as the main routes go, to concentrate on HS2 and HS3, and main routes which are not covered to any degree by these schemes such as the GWML.
Much larger chunks of our railway should of course been electrified years ago, but that didn't happen,
When will HS2 Ltd start stealing electrification contractors from Network Rail?
In which case say good bye to a lot of Intercity traffic from the East Midlands. An ever improving M1 will see to that. The MML has always been starved of investment but for many users this will be the final straw.
GWML ones were heading to Scotrail I understand.
In any event they will need to keep some of their HSTs if the AT300 procurement doesn't get the go ahead from the DfT which I would suggest based on todays announcement is looking less likely.
you don't think that may be just a little OTT? You would still do the project, no delays, at x3 the cost like GWML, assuming you can find additional resources? Or would you delay to learn lessons and maybe deliver for a lower cost?
is it over budget, delayed and short of specialist resources?
How does road vs rail investment compare compared to % journey miles made?
No I don't think I was being a little OTT. There are no reasons why the MML electrification would have come in over budget other than the need to upgrade wires between Bedford and St Pancras. The simply fact is that the resources allocated to the MML are now being transferred over to the GWML. Work has already started on the MML so there is no evidence that its been delayed. Living in Belgium I assume that you are not a regular user of the MML and so it matters little to you?