Mgameing123
Member
So I was just wondering. What if we withdraw the Circle Line, increased the frequency on the H&C and extended Metropolitan Line Uxbridge Trains beyond Aldgate to Edgware Road via Victoria.
This could help simplify the service patterns on the subsurface lines as we would only have 3 lines now instead of 4 and would also provide the Metropolitan Line a direct interchange with the District Line.
Another idea if the District Line junction near Aldgate has capacity is to combine the Metropolitan Line with the Wimbledon - Tower Hill services on the District Line, but obviously this is going to be difficult when working with a flat junction.
Obviously these are just some ideas that I want to discuss, I’m not sure how feasible it is but could be cool to talk about.
Note to Moderators: I don’t know if this would go into the London Underground section or the Speculative discussion section so yeah I just put it in here.
This could help simplify the service patterns on the subsurface lines as we would only have 3 lines now instead of 4 and would also provide the Metropolitan Line a direct interchange with the District Line.
Another idea if the District Line junction near Aldgate has capacity is to combine the Metropolitan Line with the Wimbledon - Tower Hill services on the District Line, but obviously this is going to be difficult when working with a flat junction.
Obviously these are just some ideas that I want to discuss, I’m not sure how feasible it is but could be cool to talk about.
Note to Moderators: I don’t know if this would go into the London Underground section or the Speculative discussion section so yeah I just put it in here.