• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metro guard & Apprentice Shunter driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_

New Member
Joined
27 Nov 2025
Messages
1
Hi everyone,

I am very new to this and I’m doing my best to revise and study for 2 assessments I have next week but I am not academically schooled.

Can someone please help me put my mind at ease with your wisdom, advice and your experience on how the assessment tests are and if you could shed some light on what I should expect.

I am pretty ok with English however it’s the Maths I’m nervous about. Fractions and percentages I struggle on but overall my additions, subtractions etc is ok.

I am so nervous I want either one so badly as I have been trying to get into the railway industry for a long time but never got my foot through the door.

Can someone who has done their assessments tests at SOUTHAMPTON OVERLINE HOUSE tell me what sort of numeric questions came up in the tests, I’d really appreciate it.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GooseWaffe

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2025
Messages
44
Location
Westcliff-On-Sea
Hi everyone,

I am very new to this and I’m doing my best to revise and study for 2 assessments I have next week but I am not academically schooled.

Can someone please help me put my mind at ease with your wisdom, advice and your experience on how the assessment tests are and if you could shed some light on what I should expect.

I am pretty ok with English however it’s the Maths I’m nervous about. Fractions and percentages I struggle on but overall my additions, subtractions etc is ok.

I am so nervous I want either one so badly as I have been trying to get into the railway industry for a long time but never got my foot through the door.

Can someone who has done their assessments tests at SOUTHAMPTON OVERLINE HOUSE tell me what sort of numeric questions came up in the tests, I’d really appreciate it.
You won’t be doing much numeric tests.
Maybe simple addition.
The tests are mainly suitability based, the different forums on here will give help on the kind of things you can expect
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top