• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metal tubes - GWR Reading to Didcot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danensis

New Member
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
3
My son has spotted some metal tubes buried end-on alongside some parts of the line. About ten feet long and 18" diameter. Many have been dug up but some haven't. He would like to know what they are, and I have no idea.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ilkestonian

Member
Joined
6 Dec 2009
Messages
384
Location
The Potteries
I've not seen them so I'm just guessing, but I suspect they are not being dug up, but planted.

Could they be piles for supporting the overheads for the electrification?
 

danensis

New Member
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
3
That was my suggestion, but he seemed adamant they were being dug up, not planted. Youngsters eh?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top