Hi All,
I am completely new to this so apologies in advance if I have missed anything. My son has been issued with a Penalty Fare Notice whilst returning home from college today. The ticket was issued because he did not have his Trio pass when asked for his ticket. He had left it at home. I purchased his Trio ticket at the start of the month from a Merseytravel centre, the person who issued the ticket advised me to take a screenshot of it and send it to my son so that if there is ever a problem, he will have proof that he has a valid ticket. This seemed great advice at the time and I did just that. Today, when being issued the ticket, my son shown the screenshot to the ‘officer’ but nothing was said and they continued to issue the ticket.
My son doesn’t have a job, he has just started at college and we have tried to budget for his travel by buying this pass, now he has been issued this notice that seems a little too excessive for what has happened. I guess I’m struggling to see how the punishment fits the crime.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, if he has to pay the fine (or myself on his behalf) will I be able to pay monthly.
The details of the train journey are as follows
Birkenhead Park to Hamilton Square
Ticket held is the Trio pass that covers for the college term and expires December 2024 costing £133.85
this ticket was purchased in person at a Merseytravel centre at the start of this September
My son told the person issuing the ticket that he has a screenshot of the ticket on his phone
but the ticket was still issued
Is there no discretion with this genuine accident
I am completely new to this so apologies in advance if I have missed anything. My son has been issued with a Penalty Fare Notice whilst returning home from college today. The ticket was issued because he did not have his Trio pass when asked for his ticket. He had left it at home. I purchased his Trio ticket at the start of the month from a Merseytravel centre, the person who issued the ticket advised me to take a screenshot of it and send it to my son so that if there is ever a problem, he will have proof that he has a valid ticket. This seemed great advice at the time and I did just that. Today, when being issued the ticket, my son shown the screenshot to the ‘officer’ but nothing was said and they continued to issue the ticket.
My son doesn’t have a job, he has just started at college and we have tried to budget for his travel by buying this pass, now he has been issued this notice that seems a little too excessive for what has happened. I guess I’m struggling to see how the punishment fits the crime.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, if he has to pay the fine (or myself on his behalf) will I be able to pay monthly.
The details of the train journey are as follows
Birkenhead Park to Hamilton Square
Ticket held is the Trio pass that covers for the college term and expires December 2024 costing £133.85
this ticket was purchased in person at a Merseytravel centre at the start of this September
My son told the person issuing the ticket that he has a screenshot of the ticket on his phone
but the ticket was still issued
Is there no discretion with this genuine accident
Attachments
Last edited: