• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail Railpass Mislaid - Reimbursement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiggaz

Member
Joined
23 Feb 2010
Messages
47
Location
Southport, Merseyside
I have an annual Merseyrail Railpass which is bought - via my employer - from Northern Rail's 'Specialised Sales' Dept.

I recently mislaid it so arranged for a duplicate to be issued and paid a £10 admin fee - no issue so far.

I was under the impression that I could claim a refund for the tickets to/from work which I bought on the days before the duplicate arrived, so I duly sent the receipts off to Northern. However, they've now written to me saying that the receipts are insufficient and that I have to submit the original tickets, most of which I no longer have. Is this right/normal?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
Yes it is, in order to get a refund a ticket must be supplied. Unfortunately some people would claim a refund from the receipt and then get a friend to claim a refund for the tickets. Whilst this could easily be found out, it takes man power and time, requiring the tickets for all refunds reduces this substantially.
 

Wiggaz

Member
Joined
23 Feb 2010
Messages
47
Location
Southport, Merseyside
Yes it is, in order to get a refund a ticket must be supplied. Unfortunately some people would claim a refund from the receipt and then get a friend to claim a refund for the tickets. Whilst this could easily be found out, it takes man power and time, requiring the tickets for all refunds reduces this substantially.

Thanks. It would have been helpful if they'd told me that before I let the outward portions get swallowed by the barriers at Moorfields.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top