I can confirm the 507s are on their now regular diagram with the next departure being 08:03 from Southport.507003 is allocated to the New Brighton diagram beginning with the 07.38 (2N06) today. It works the XX.38 circulars to the 18.38, then 19.53 and XX.53 services to 22.53, providing it sees out the day.
The Southport pair of 018 and 029 is out on its semi-usual diagram: the 06.03 and 08.03 Southport departures. The booked eight-car 777 working in front is short-formed according to Traksy so they will be much needed this morning.
Yes it was, I saw it upon arrival at Liverpool Central just before 9.Anyone know if the 6 car was running on the Southports this morning?
Never say never, but Merseytravel want rid of the 507s and are unlikely to fund any additional leasing costs. Add in the fact that the fleet is life-expired, spare parts are now difficult to obtain and an increasing number of train crew are no longer qualified on 507s, and it is not looking good.I've heard that the 507s are to be withdrawn in December, but considering how the 777 fault situation is going, how likely is this to occur?
Thank you very much, I'm answering a comment right now so I wanted to make sure I didn't spread anything incorrectNever say never, but Merseytravel want rid of the 507s and are unlikely to fund any additional leasing costs. Add in the fact that the fleet is life-expired, spare parts are now difficult to obtain and an increasing number of train crew are no longer qualified on 507s, and it is not looking good.
The withdrawal dates quoted in posts 3634 and 3638 above came from someone fairly senior at Merseyrail posting on Facebook so I am inclined to believe them.
Merseytravel (not to be confused with Merseyrail) would rather see no trains running than keep the 507s running for any longerI've heard that the 507s are to be withdrawn in December, but considering how the 777 fault situation is going, how likely is this to occur?
It's not exactly Merseyrails fault in some ways - the 507s were supposed to be running Ormskirk-Hunts Cross 6 cars - booked, planned with crew that sign them, but it's politics that blocked this from happening. Adhoc work is a nightmare due to lack of crew that can work them for a full diagram.The decision to get these units gone now is dangerous for Merseyrail and its becoming increasingly worrying what the future brings without them. Especially with 018 having its last day of service today.
I don’t think Merseyrail have woken up and realised they won’t have any spares, And the faults aren’t a thing of the past either. I reckon this whole company is going to nosedive within the next few months
I don’t think it is dangerous to be honest. They are currently running 1/2 diagrams a day and you can argue that the Southport one is probably for capacity reasons.The decision to get these units gone now is dangerous for Merseyrail and its becoming increasingly worrying what the future brings without them. Especially with 018 having its last day of service today.
I don’t think Merseyrail have woken up and realised they won’t have any spares, And the faults aren’t a thing of the past either. I reckon this whole company is going to nosedive within the next few months
I do agree although the powers that be have spoken and kyboshed the idea of keeping them. Good luck having no 507s to plug the many gaps: they'll need it.The decision to get these units gone now is dangerous for Merseyrail and its becoming increasingly worrying what the future brings without them. Especially with 018 having its last day of service today.
I don’t think Merseyrail have woken up and realised they won’t have any spares, And the faults aren’t a thing of the past either. I reckon this whole company is going to nosedive within the next few months
I assume a 777 as it’s Kirkdale. 507s would normally run to Birkenhead North.Just noticed VSTP 5T85 currently running from Southport to Kirkdale CS, any chance this is 018 moving to be withdrawn or just 777?
Yes however moves to North usually go via Kirkdale, like 001 did.I assume a 777 as it’s Kirkdale. 507s would normally run to Birkenhead North.
507003 is out on the Chester line. Started on 2C02 0557.Yes however moves to North usually go via Kirkdale, like 001 did.
Any 507s out currently?