• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail legacy fleet updates (Class 507/508)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baldyman26

Member
Joined
2 Aug 2012
Messages
140
Wouldn't Network Rail pay, its their station and infrastructure. Like I said I don't think they choose to leave trains there, It's probably because there is nowhere else. Units are left all over the network after service and are equally at risk, 001 and the rest of the 507's are probably just in the way now given they are no longer in service.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Neil Polo

Member
Joined
9 May 2018
Messages
126
Location
Lancashire
This is awful news. I don’t suppose there’s be any chance if it depended on cost, having it fixed could be done by volunteers or a crowd fund. Given the train is still not in private hands I suppose there are plenty of blocks to that sort of thing. Maybe it’s a naive suggestion but it sprang to mind. Just a thought. I hope such attacks would not jeopardise the final weekend.
 

prod_pep

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2010
Messages
1,711
Location
Liverpool
This is awful news. I don’t suppose there’s be any chance if it depended on cost, having it fixed could be done by volunteers or a crowd fund. Given the train is still not in private hands I suppose there are plenty of blocks to that sort of thing. Maybe it’s a naive suggestion but it sprang to mind. Just a thought. I hope such attacks would not jeopardise the final weekend.
I wouldn't worry too much about the final weekend, although it will probably look scruffy on one side by then. They will likely be obliged to remove the graffiti before dispatching it to Newport, in order to return it to the lessor in good order, given this one does have a future.
 

Chris 1980

Member
Joined
19 Aug 2023
Messages
15
Location
Wirral
507001 has been vandalised again because Merseyrail haven't learn their lesson from leaving trains sat at New Brighton. Unreal
It's annoying, I agree as I think really, 507001 should have been given a higher priority to be stored safely in the shed out of harms way. More so as it will very soon become someone else's personal property.

I know that the 507s are neglected in general now because they are not bothered with them, but I think 001 especially should be taken care of more so than the others because it has a future.

You should not, for example expect to go to a car dealership knowing you are going to buy a car second-hand only for it to be all beaten up or badly damaged the day you come to drive it away/collect it.
well here we are the peps are nearly gone does anyone think the rest will be gone before Christmas

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


I've herd 018 Is now withdrawn but still nothing on a scrap move as yet

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I'm sorry I've mad a mistake I didn't know I was only replying to a question
I've got a feeling the majority, (if not all) COULD well be gone before it even hits Christmas, possibly before we even reach December.

I am in the Class 507 Preservation Society and receive the regular newsletter updates. The latest one received last night, (Sunday), mentions that the 'Sefton Sparkler' tour on the 3rd of November will be 'The End'. No more 507s will be out after that date.

As they want them gone from the network, it really wouldn't surprise me at all if they rapidly start going very soon after.

Sad times indeed!! :(:(:(:'(:'(:'(:'(
 
Last edited:

Sun Chariot

Established Member
Joined
16 Mar 2009
Messages
6,733
Location
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
As they want them gone from the network, it really wouldn't surprise me at all if they rapidly start going very soon after.
That happened when the 'south PEP' 313s went, @Chris 1980
Exactly 7 weeks, from last day of revenue service (21/05/23), to the final pair's scrap-run to Eastleigh (10/07/23).
 
Last edited:

Borkyyy

Member
Joined
29 Feb 2024
Messages
60
Location
Hunts Cross
As they want them gone from the network, it really wouldn't surprise me at all if they rapidly start going very soon after.

Sad times indeed!! :(:(:(:'(:'(:'(:'(
Is 507003 not staying with Merseyrail after the tour? Because why else would they install a thermal camera to the front of it. If they are getting rid of it then I dont see the point in the thermal camera being there.
 

mrd269697

Member
Joined
14 Feb 2020
Messages
170
Location
Wirral
I still don't understand how they get onto railway property so easily. Perhaps the yellow line police needs to be redeployed.
New Brighton isn’t locked up to my knowledge. The booking hall is, but the platforms can be accessed via a set of stairs on Victoria Road.
 

simonmpoulton

Member
Joined
25 Jun 2011
Messages
217
From the pictures i've seen it looks like they accessed the unit from the side where all the shrubbery is! If that's the case then it's not likely to be visible on any station cctv!
 

507016

Member
Joined
25 Feb 2024
Messages
183
Location
Liverpool
Does anyone know what’s happened to all the nameplates from the 508/7s, did they go with them or taken off?
 

Chris 1980

Member
Joined
19 Aug 2023
Messages
15
Location
Wirral
Does anyone know what’s happened to all the nameplates from the 508/7s, did they go with them or taken off?
Usually all taken off. However, I know on 507016, they unusually left them all intact and it went to scrap with them in place.
 
Last edited:

prod_pep

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2010
Messages
1,711
Location
Liverpool
Looks like it is 507003 and 018's turn to be vandalised, as these two have replaced 001 in the wall siding at New Brighton today.
 

mikecmac

Member
Joined
24 Oct 2023
Messages
62
Saw 507003 and 018 at New Brighton this afternoon. 018 appears complete, intact to have motored with 003. All other 507's stabled in North depot. 777152 on Ormkirks, 6 x 777's in sidings at Southport awaiting reopening of line on Tuesday.
 

507016

Member
Joined
25 Feb 2024
Messages
183
Location
Liverpool
Saw 507003 and 018 at New Brighton this afternoon. 018 appears complete, intact to have motored with 003. All other 507's stabled in North depot. 777152 on Ormkirks, 6 x 777's in sidings at Southport awaiting reopening of line on Tuesday.
There’s my warning to never trust exterior gen, unless confirmed on here…
 

Class777

Member
Joined
18 Mar 2023
Messages
46
Location
Merseyside
Usually all taken off. However, I know on 507016, they unusually left them all intact and it went to scrap with them in place.
I have been told to keep a eye on this space apparently, there may be a future for the nameplate in the form of a auction. However, as @507016 rightly says, never take anything for granted or trustworthy.
 

mikecmac

Member
Joined
24 Oct 2023
Messages
62
Yes the planned engineering work was between Sat 5th and Mon 14th with normal operations restarting on Tuesday 15th.
 

MR-507508

Member
Joined
17 Jan 2020
Messages
1,022
Location
North West
Class 507 possible working today.
Unit(s) in the Wall Siding at New Brighton (507003 & 507018) assigned as 5W06 according to opentraintimes.
If so, should commence working the 0751 from West Kirby.
Any confirmation of the 507 working would be greatly appreciated later.
 

prod_pep

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2010
Messages
1,711
Location
Liverpool
Class 507 possible working today.
Unit(s) in the Wall Siding at New Brighton (507003 & 507018) assigned as 5W06 according to opentraintimes.
If so, should commence working the 0751 from West Kirby.
Any confirmation of the 507 working would be greatly appreciated later.
Yes, this is a 507.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top