Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
There is a fifth pair out on the Ormskirk line, formed of 507001 and 014. These formed the 1054 Liverpool Central - Ormskirk service earlier. The Aintree expresses are in the hands of eight-car 777s.
Superb to see all five Ormskirk formations in the hands of the old guard, and it just shows where we are regarding the 777s. Still not trusted for a major event.
There is a fifth pair out on the Ormskirk line, formed of 507001 and 014. These formed the 1054 Liverpool Central - Ormskirk service earlier. The Aintree expresses are in the hands of eight-car 777s.
Superb to see all five Ormskirk formations in the hands of the old guard, and it just shows where we are regarding the 777s. Still not trusted for a major event.
I don’t think it really shows that. It’s the smartest way to get maximum capacity. 8 cars on the shuttles and 6 cars to supplement. Still only 42/52 777s in service
I don’t think it really shows that. It’s the smartest way to get maximum capacity. 8 cars on the shuttles and 6 cars to supplement. Still only 42/52 777s in service
Well hardly, when the Ormskirk full route workings are significantly busier than the Aintree expresses.
The best use of capacity by far is as many eight-cars on the full route as possible, with 507s on other lines instead but, tellingly, this is not how they have done it.
Well hardly, when the Ormskirk full route workings are significantly busier than the Aintree expresses.
The best use of capacity by far is as many eight-cars on the full route as possible, with 507s on other lines instead but, tellingly, this is not how they have done it.
On some of today's, there was actually a clear difference. Plus the full route units stay out all day and are much more heavily used overall. Says it all.
Rare to see some non-stop running on the Ormskirk line today due to late running and the short turnaround time at Ormskirk under the temporary Grand National timetable.
Well hardly, when the Ormskirk full route workings are significantly busier than the Aintree expresses.
The best use of capacity by far is as many eight-cars on the full route as possible, with 507s on other lines instead but, tellingly, this is not how they have done it.
At Southport the only unit in the sidings was 507011. 777142 was stabled on platform 2 for service, reliability permitting of course!! 777's are staying well clear of the new buffer stops and no extra space has been gained as the buffer stops occupy the extra platform length gained!!!
There is a fifth pair out on the Ormskirk line, formed of 507001 and 014. These formed the 1054 Liverpool Central - Ormskirk service earlier. The Aintree expresses are in the hands of eight-car 777s.
Superb to see all five Ormskirk formations in the hands of the old guard, and it just shows where we are regarding the 777s. Still not trusted for a major event.
It was reported previously it had a motor fault of some sort. Presume its got a motor isolated or something. Could well have been fixed but I've no idea on that im afraid.
It was reported previously it had a motor fault of some sort. Presume its got a motor isolated or something. Could well have been fixed but I've no idea on that im afraid.
As of now, the 507 on New Brighton is not in yet, and only 2 West Kirby 777 diagrams are entered, Hooton line 100% 777, if it changes before I finish for the weekend, I will update, hope this helps!
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Indeed, with spirited running from most (507003 the exception) yesterday. Quite the contrast with the 777s which had another 'mare yesterday. As I say, trust plays a big part in allocating the oldies to Ormskirk services.
I think 507007 is working the 10.52 Liverpool Central - Ellesmere Port as this service is showing as a three-car.
507016 is outside the main shed at Birkenhead North.
Indeed, with spirited running from most (507003 the exception) yesterday. Quite the contrast with the 777s which had another 'mare yesterday. As I say, trust plays a big part in allocating the oldies to Ormskirk services.
The rheostatic (i.e. 'dynamic') braking has been disabled on all Ormskirk line sets over the last two days. Probably sensible given the extremely high load factor as the rheostatic gives a noticeable 'jolt' as it kicks in, but I do miss the sounds.
021 and 033 are both very squeaky, but at least they can get up to line speed unlike 003; 021 has a great turn of speed. 014 is probably the worst riding one left but I really do rate 028.
At the risk of being accused of bias, I'm not sure 014 can be considered better than 021, particularly since the latter's power fault has been repaired. It was much improved when I sampled it on Thursday, and is certainly better than the likes of 003 (what's happened there?), 014 and 033.
At the risk of being accused of bias, I'm not sure 014 can be considered better than 021, particularly since the latter's power fault has been repaired. It was much improved when I sampled it on Thursday, and is certainly better than the likes of 003 (what's happened there?), 014 and 033.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.