• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail-best places for photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOOVER29

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2009
Messages
606
As the title says, which stations are best for photography?
Also I want to see as many units for the time I'm there so where would be good?
I will only have about 6 hrs so I'm after as many photos of different units as possible.

Thanks for any info

Carl
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

507021

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2015
Messages
4,759
Location
Chester
It depends which line(s) you're interested in.

The best stations on the Northern Line are Liverpool Central and Sandhills, for the Wirral Line then I'd recommend Hamilton Square or James Street.
 

HOOVER29

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2009
Messages
606
Thanks 507021.
Is photography allowed on all stations including underground ones?
I visited Liverpool a few yrs ago & travelled most of the line to Southport but had no camera with me so know very little of the area.
I'll be starting & finishing at Liverpool south parkway.
Also which is the best ticket to get?

Carl
 

507021

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2015
Messages
4,759
Location
Chester
Thanks 507021.
Is photography allowed on all stations including underground ones?
I visited Liverpool a few yrs ago & travelled most of the line to Southport but had no camera with me so know very little of the area.
I'll be starting & finishing at Liverpool south parkway.
Also which is the best ticket to get?

Carl

Hi Carl, no problem.

I've never had any problems with photography at Merseyrail stations, so I'd imagine you won't have any either.

The best ticket to get is the All Zone SaveAway, which is £5.20. It's great value for money, you can travel on any method of transport within the Merseytravel PTE boundary, including mainline trains. It'll allow you to travel over to the Wirral as well as up to Southport.

All the best, and enjoy your trip. :)

507021.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top