• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Megabus travel ticket or lack of!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
22 Aug 2010
Messages
355
Location
Warrington NW ENGLAND
I think I may have read about this before but not certain, here goes. I have booked a trip to Carlisle through Megabus. I have printed what I think is a reservation slip. It lists a reservation summary order number and a very long reservation number. Is this all I need to travel or do I exchange for a ticket at station or exchange for ticket on train ? Don't want to end up in a mess on day of travel.Great value by the way, return to Carlisle from Warrington with Virgin only £2.00 plus 50p booking fee.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class17

Member
Joined
2 Apr 2011
Messages
144
I have a megabus.com eticket as well. I cannot see a seat reservation with it, so I guess you can pick your seat. I was expecting to have a reservation with a seat next to a pillar considering the price I have paid.

Does anyone know if you can get a plus bus with these tickets? When I have bought plus bus before, I paid for it when I ordered the train ticket, but I don't think I had the option when I ordered my megabus journey.

Thanks
 

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
There is no reservation with a megatrain ticket - you can sit in any vacant seat. At one time there was a megatrain carriage on some routes but I think that's gone - too difficult to manage

No plusbus either.
 
Joined
2 Jun 2009
Messages
1,135
Location
North London
So you can get £1.00 Megabus train ticket on Virgin from Warrington to Glasgow, for instance. To travel from Euston to Glasgow, could it be cheaper to get to an advance from Euston to Warrington, and then a Megabus ticket from there onto Glagow ? And would that be allowed ?
 

Pumbaa

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
5,022
As long as the service called at Warrington then yes.
 
Joined
2 Jun 2009
Messages
1,135
Location
North London
As long as the service called at Warrington then yes.

Thought so. That means with flexibility and a train stopping in Warrington, I can travel from Euston to Glasgow for approx £13.00.

I've just noticed that Virgin will be launching an iPhone app which will allow you to:

"Search times and fares or buy tickets for any UK route up to 10 minutes before departure - without card charges or booking fees. Then collect them from a FastTicket machine at the station. "


I'll believe it when I see it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top