Megabus is running the M6 services again, now using a coach firm called MIT Luxury travel which, from their website, has a fleet of Neoplans. On some other routes they are using other coach firms too - Orion and MP Travel. To me, it seems that they are going along a similar line as Flixbus and National Express in using coach firms instead of their own fleets.
I’m using the Megabus and MIT Luxury Travel run M6 service from Exeter-London this Saturday to see what they are like. If they are any good, and the Megabus fares are good too at £9.88 each way compared to about £21.00 out and £19.00 back for National Express, booked today, Tues 19th Oct. I think National Express will need to bring their fares down if they are to compete with Megabus on price again.
The M6 service also now stops Exeter-Taunton near Jct 25, and Bridgwater Jct 23 then Heathrow. This seems a good idea as it offers faster journey times than going into the centre. It leaves Exeter 02.00-London 06.20 and London 23.59-Exeter 04.10, and also daytime services. I'll be interested to see how Megabus do on this route again, and whether this coach firm is reliable and any good. If they are, I will definitely use them quite a bit, as the fares are good.
Has anyone travelled with this coach firm, and is this a good way for Megabus to go or are they better using their own fleet?
I’m using the Megabus and MIT Luxury Travel run M6 service from Exeter-London this Saturday to see what they are like. If they are any good, and the Megabus fares are good too at £9.88 each way compared to about £21.00 out and £19.00 back for National Express, booked today, Tues 19th Oct. I think National Express will need to bring their fares down if they are to compete with Megabus on price again.
The M6 service also now stops Exeter-Taunton near Jct 25, and Bridgwater Jct 23 then Heathrow. This seems a good idea as it offers faster journey times than going into the centre. It leaves Exeter 02.00-London 06.20 and London 23.59-Exeter 04.10, and also daytime services. I'll be interested to see how Megabus do on this route again, and whether this coach firm is reliable and any good. If they are, I will definitely use them quite a bit, as the fares are good.
Has anyone travelled with this coach firm, and is this a good way for Megabus to go or are they better using their own fleet?