• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Megabus Cardiff to London 18/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
Travelling on the 0400 Cardiff to London tommorow morning, will this be a new Astromega Double Deck, or a Volvo?

Thank you.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
Thank you. What are they like? i've never travelled on MegaBus before :) only NatEX
 

anthony263

Established Member
Joined
19 Aug 2008
Messages
6,892
Location
South Wales
All should be worked by Astromega Double Deck except those which run to/from Swansea & Pembroke Dock which will be worked by the older coaches
 

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
Lovely Coach seating 83, comfortable, warm power sockets at all seats.

Well done Stagecoach :)
 

Attachments

  • 2012-02-18 07.31.54.jpg
    2012-02-18 07.31.54.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 44

anthony263

Established Member
Joined
19 Aug 2008
Messages
6,892
Location
South Wales
Lovely Coach seating 83, comfortable, warm power sockets at all seats.

Well done Stagecoach :)

Did it get into London ontime at 07:30 or manage to arrive early like it did when I did it a year or 2 ago although at the time the 04:00 megabus didn't serve Swindon like it does now.
 

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
Does that rosy-cheeked chappie inhibit the view from the upstairs front seats, or can you see through him?
 

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
anthony263:988875 said:
Lovely Coach seating 83, comfortable, warm power sockets at all seats.

Well done Stagecoach :)

Did it get into London ontime at 07:30 or manage to arrive early like it did when I did it a year or 2 ago although at the time the 04:00 megabus didn't serve Swindon like it does now.

15mins late leaving, 5 mins early.
 

150222

Member
Joined
9 Jul 2011
Messages
1,002
I don't think I could stand a coach all the way from Cardiff to London! How come you didn't get the train? Was it cost? Having said that I suffer terrible coach sickness and have previously trown up in the toilet on a Darlo to York rail replacement. (A staggering 2 hours!!!) That's what I hate the most though. When you avoid the coach and get the train only to end up on a coach anyway. :)
 

DaveHarries

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2011
Messages
2,576
Location
England
All should be worked by Astromega Double Deck except those which run to/from Swansea & Pembroke Dock which will be worked by the older coaches
Interestingly, the 1500hrs departure from Bristol to London has seen single-deck coaches at least twice in recent weeks.

Dave
 

starrymarkb

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2009
Messages
5,985
Location
Exeter
It's in Exeter at the moment on the M6 London to Penzance
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I don't think I could stand a coach all the way from Cardiff to London! How come you didn't get the train? Was it cost? Having said that I suffer terrible coach sickness and have previously trown up in the toilet on a Darlo to York rail replacement. (A staggering 2 hours!!!) That's what I hate the most though. When you avoid the coach and get the train only to end up on a coach anyway. :)

It's cost for me, I'm doing Exeter to London in March by Megabus for £10 return. I did Exeter to Manchester for £18 return with National Express as well.

XC advances don't get near that!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top