Chances are the BBC is compliant or at least intend to be. They are human and they may slip up from time to time. If you remember they beat themselves up severely over the David Kelly fiasco. If you have a concrete example of a non-compliant broadcast then report it. Otherwise you just sound like someone who complains about the mainstream media.
Yet at a guess you are telling me we shouldn’t be saying anything regardless what’s happening in the mainstream media, I don’t follow anything to do with conspiracies if that’s what you think, I look at the situation in a broader context, I would have agreed in the beginning of it all but now it’s not just myself but others have started questioning things
An example of STV: A report on Boris visiting Scotland, report in short was basically slagging him off for visiting (one sided no one else in the report to tell the guy not correct). Media in Scotland is one sided these days.
What is a non compliant broadcast? Is that meaning basically giving a political party free reign no questions asked or something else?
Again isn’t this OFCOMs own responsibility, they hand out licences to the broadcasters? Why should it always be down to a listener/viewer to complain when in the end nothing gets done about it?
I hear that if you have a complaint about something in your area you complain to your MP or councillors to deal with it, for me to complain about something recently and still hasn’t been done my patience is wearing thin. Again so why complain about something since the outcome will be swept under the carpet.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
One of the most disappointing things about the BBC during the period has been its lack of really critical probing of politicians and their policies. For an organisation that was once renowned for pushing back on politicians they have been terribly lame, acting as little more than a mouthpiece for the government.
Yet that’s what I have read in Scotland in terms of Sturgeon and BBC Scotland, whilst I can at times watch Reporting Scotland to STV News but none don’t have the guts to question more on the government it’s more of aye ma’am yes ma’am, what you have for tea ma’am (petty questioning)
Last edited: