• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Meadowhall to Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

jednick

Member
Joined
1 Apr 2013
Messages
294
Location
Worcester
I am starting and ending my journey at Meadowhall Interchange. I want to visit Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster, the same day.

Firstly, is there a South Yorkshire one-day rover ticket?

Secondly, what would happen if I do this? :

I buy a day return from Barnsley to Doncaster (or vice versa). I start my journey at Meadowhall, then I visit Rotherham and Doncaster, and return back to Meadowhall. I then travel from Meadowhall to Barnsley. All OK so far.

But then I use the ticket to travel from Barnsley back to Meadowhall. Is this allowed or not? It is exactly one complete whole return journey from Barnsley to Doncaster, nothing more, nothing less, that I would be doing (but I foresee a problem if my ticket is stamped on the Meadowhall to Doncaster portion, though).
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pit_buzzer

Member
Joined
11 Oct 2020
Messages
317
Location
Bentley
There's the SY Connect + ticket available at £10.70. This allows travel on all buses, trains and trams in South Yorkshire for the day.
I'm pretty sure you can't use a return from Barnsley to Doncaster in the way you suggest.
 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,784
Location
UK
Unfortunately, what you propose would not be permitted; tickets must be used in the correct 'order', since the outward portion of a return ticket is only valid if accompanied by the unused return portion. Similarly, even within the outward/return portion, you must follow a permitted route sequentially - you can't use the Barnsley to Meadowhall section after using the Meadowhall to Doncaster section.
 

J.C.

Member
Joined
15 Jul 2019
Messages
80
Location
Yorkshire
There's the SY Connect + ticket available at £10.70. This allows travel on all buses, trains and trams in South Yorkshire for the day.
You can buy this on the 'TSY Mobile' app. Available on Google Play and Apple App Store should you wish to.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top