• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Map of the National Rail Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanburyBlue

Member
Joined
18 May 2015
Messages
880
Does anyone know if you can still get printed copies of the national rail map that used to come with the official timetable. The one I'm referring to was called 'Great Britain Passenger Railway Network Map' or later on the 'National Rail Timetable Network Map'.

It has a picture of the UK on the front with the rail lines marked in red, and on the reverse had detailed regional maps.

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,946
Location
Devon
I remember them. I'd like one too actually.
 

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Joined
6 Aug 2009
Messages
44,413
Location
Yorks
I asked for this in a major booking office about five years ago and was told that no one made them any more.
 

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,123
Location
Redcar
I suspect the best you're going to be able to do is arrange to get something like this printed yourself (note link to large PDF).

Or some of the other maps available from NRE here.
 

ejstubbs

Member
Joined
19 May 2016
Messages
253
Location
Scotland
Anyone know of a scan online of the paper network map I used to get from Derby station back in the 1970s? I remember it was how I first learned of the existence of the islands Rum, Eigg and Muck off Scotland's west coast.
 

ANDREW_D_WEBB

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2013
Messages
1,007
Location
London
GWR have done a double sided map. One side shows their network, the reverse has the whole UK network. Last one was August 2015, but they still show up in racks
 

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,307
Don't know if it still helps, but a few years ago I asked for a national map, and they had none, but they did have hundreds of a separate version overprinted with information for those with accessibility issues. It was the same underlying map, and was very much overstocked, apparently because no-one had ever asked for it...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top