• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester Victoria to Harrogate, return via York.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Sheep

Member
Joined
15 Jun 2014
Messages
48
Morning all :)

I'm visiting Harrogate this afternoon, departing Manchester Victoria. I have a off-peak day return.

I'm heading out via Leeds, but would like to know if I can return via York with a break of journey there?

Thanks!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2013
Messages
1,712
I don't think this is possible. You'd need a £28.60 offpeak day return to e.g. Cattal or York.
 

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
5,630
Location
Birmingham
If you visit a booking office before travel commences, or speak to a guard before you reach Harrogate, you could ask for an overdistance excess (to York). This will require you to pay the difference between MCV-HGT and MCV-YRK, so £5.40.

Note that:
  • there is no automatic entitlement to this excess
  • it is not available once you reach Harrogate
  • there is an argument that you must travel via Harrogate on the return, but I do not subscribe to that line of reasoning
  • TPE guards regularly advise passengers to change at York for Harrogate, and there's a chance that Harrogate station staff will give you an itinerary via York for the return if asked, even without the excess
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top