I note that a Manchester Victoria -Bradford Interchange Off Peak return via the Calder Valley is normally £11.90, but on the 8th March when the journey-planners direct you to travel via Stalybridge & Leeds, or Stalybridge and bus from Huddersfield, because of engineering works on the Calder Valley line, the fare shoots up to £22!
I appreciate there is a surcharge for travelling on FTPE rather than Northern, and there is a history of differing fares on the Huddersfield & Calder Valley routes, but it hardly seems fair, considering it is not the passenger's fault s/he is being diverted, and particularly mean that on some services, half of the journey is by rail-replacement bus from Huddersfield!
I appreciate there is a surcharge for travelling on FTPE rather than Northern, and there is a history of differing fares on the Huddersfield & Calder Valley routes, but it hardly seems fair, considering it is not the passenger's fault s/he is being diverted, and particularly mean that on some services, half of the journey is by rail-replacement bus from Huddersfield!
Last edited: