mrlegohead
Member
This weekend I made a return trip from Birmingham to Brighouse.
On the way to Brighouse yesterday I walked from Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Victoria.
Going back to Birmingham today I got a service towards the airport that went round the Ordsall chord, and changed at Piccadilly.
The tickets I was sold by Trainsplit were split at Stoke-on-Trent and Manchester Stations as follows:
Off-Peak Return Birmingham to Stoke-on-Trent
Off-Peak Return Stoke-on-Trent to Manchester Stations
Off-Peak Return Manchester Stations to Brighouse
Off-Peak Day Single Manchester Victoria to Manchester Piccadilly.
My question is regarding this last one - was it actually required?
Although I didn't follow it exactly, I did change in the same places as the itinerary against which these were sold indicated (CrossCountry direct BHM<->MAN and diverted TPE MCV-BGH-MAN).
As far as I am aware, Manchester Stations includes Victoria, Oxford Road, Deansgate and Piccadilly.
So I would presume that on the return journey either the ticket from Brighouse is valid to Piccadilly, or the ticket to Birmingham is valid from Victoria -- or both.
So is a ticket Victoria - Piccadilly actually required?
On the way to Brighouse yesterday I walked from Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Victoria.
Going back to Birmingham today I got a service towards the airport that went round the Ordsall chord, and changed at Piccadilly.
The tickets I was sold by Trainsplit were split at Stoke-on-Trent and Manchester Stations as follows:
Off-Peak Return Birmingham to Stoke-on-Trent
Off-Peak Return Stoke-on-Trent to Manchester Stations
Off-Peak Return Manchester Stations to Brighouse
Off-Peak Day Single Manchester Victoria to Manchester Piccadilly.
My question is regarding this last one - was it actually required?
Although I didn't follow it exactly, I did change in the same places as the itinerary against which these were sold indicated (CrossCountry direct BHM<->MAN and diverted TPE MCV-BGH-MAN).
As far as I am aware, Manchester Stations includes Victoria, Oxford Road, Deansgate and Piccadilly.
So I would presume that on the return journey either the ticket from Brighouse is valid to Piccadilly, or the ticket to Birmingham is valid from Victoria -- or both.
So is a ticket Victoria - Piccadilly actually required?
