shredder1
Established Member
Manchester, Preston and Lancaster. Friday 17th March 2017.
A short trip out today, taking a Sprinter from Manchester Victoria to Wigan Wallgate, breakfast in the station café and then after crossing to Wigan Northwestern, I caught a Virgin Pendolino to Preston for a few hours. It was very slow at Preston, no freight through while I was there, although apparently I`d missed a pair of 90`s, and the Daventry didnt appear either, so I caught another Pendolino up to Lancaster and was lucky in that BR Standard 4MT 2-6-0 76084 came through with its support coach heading North. I returned to Manchester Piccadilly directly on a TPX. Not a bad run out but the weather was poor with plenty of rain most of the time.
https://www.facebook.com/nick.melli...28768181306.1073742691.100001125840218&type=3
A short trip out today, taking a Sprinter from Manchester Victoria to Wigan Wallgate, breakfast in the station café and then after crossing to Wigan Northwestern, I caught a Virgin Pendolino to Preston for a few hours. It was very slow at Preston, no freight through while I was there, although apparently I`d missed a pair of 90`s, and the Daventry didnt appear either, so I caught another Pendolino up to Lancaster and was lucky in that BR Standard 4MT 2-6-0 76084 came through with its support coach heading North. I returned to Manchester Piccadilly directly on a TPX. Not a bad run out but the weather was poor with plenty of rain most of the time.
https://www.facebook.com/nick.melli...28768181306.1073742691.100001125840218&type=3