• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester Piccadilly Old Entrance

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
Yup, every day.
So why not insult the fare evaders rather than the staff employed to try and stop them.
To refer to them as Gestapo is not really funny is it?
When talking about the individuals who work for contractors on behalf of Northern, who have very little training and very poor social skills in handling customers, many people would consider it an apt nickname.

You may think they stop fare evaders but they've even been known to stop bona-fide rail staff (which they aren't) from accessing the trains they're supposed to be driving, to give just one example of their behaviour.

If you had been spoken to them in the way that many law-abiding people have been, I suspect you would then realise why many people are unhappy with them.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BurtonM

Member
Joined
3 Feb 2014
Messages
982
Location
Manchester
I agree with the 'ticket Gestapo' sentiment (I also call 'civil enforcement officers' das Parkenstasi) but I think it's a little off-topic.

Store St steps were often used as an easy pick up/drop off point for the station, I remember using it many a time to avoid going up the ramp. Never been up the stairs though, was always in the car. They didn't look too smart.
I seem to remember a long, always closed off old corridor in the concourse, but I've no idea where it went. I think it was next to Sock Shop - what was it, or did I dream it up?

When the pick up/drop off is remodelled (it really is abysmal), I wonder what role the ramp will play? I think it's somewhat wasted on Metroshuttle.
 

jbg

Member
Joined
29 Mar 2017
Messages
105
The lift down to Fairfield St. seems to have been out of action for a week now.

Last Monday it had a notice posted upon the doors stating that engineers were aware, and it was due to be fixed by 2/5/17. (Tuesday).

It was still out of service, and the same sign was affixed yesterday. (Sunday).
 

iknowyeah

Member
Joined
11 Aug 2016
Messages
185
Wasn't the stairs down to Store Street for the benefit of railway staff enjoying their time *spare in the railway club?

*By 'spare' I mean 'rest day' obviously...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top