• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester Piccadilly - Leeds - Season Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmers

Member
Joined
19 Jun 2013
Messages
10
Hello, I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me with this. If not then no worries.
I'm moving to Manchester next week and was wondering if there are any ways to reduce the cost of a season ticket between Manchester Piccadilly and Leeds?
If it makes any difference, I'd normally be getting the 07:27 from Piccadilly and returning on the 17:40 from Leeds.
I know I can't take advantage of the early bird season ticket or travel via Hebden Bridge from Victoria.
As far as I can tell, the ticket I'd need is the Standard Class Adult Season Ticket (via any permitted route) which is £270.80 per month, is there anything else I can do other than that?

Many thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

telstarbox

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
6,389
Location
Wennington Crossovers
There is a 'via Hebden Bridge' season ticket (£234.70 per month) - are you saying you wouldn't be able to use that?
Where would you start your journey from in Manchester?
 

emmers

Member
Joined
19 Jun 2013
Messages
10
There is a 'via Hebden Bridge' season ticket (£234.70 per month) - are you saying you wouldn't be able to use that?
Where would you start your journey from in Manchester?

Thanks for the reply.
I'd be starting my journey at Piccadilly and unfortunately the via Hebden Bridge ticket isn't practical due to length of time it takes on that route.

 

telstarbox

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
6,389
Location
Wennington Crossovers
I used to commute Sheffield-Manchester daily on TPE and I used train-specific Advance tickets instead of a season ticket. Needed a bit more planning (usually I would book 3 weeks in advance) but it was usually less than half the price of a weekly ticket per week (with 16-25 Railcard). If you can commit to specific trains that might be worth looking at.

It also means you don't have to pay for the train when you're on holiday, Bank Holidays etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top