AgeoftheTrain7
Member
Hi there,
I am planning my return journey from Newcastle to Hereford, via Manchester, for later in the year, but have a question about the connection time for certain trains at Piccadilly.
I was planning to get the TPE from Newcastle to Manchester Victoria, then connect on the Metrolink across to Piccadilly for my train home, but found out that there are plenty of services running at the same price onwards to Piccadilly.
So, if I left Newcastle on the 14:47 TPE to Piccadilly, and that arrived in at 17:19; and I wished to catch my connecting train (Transport for Wales service terminating at Carmarthen/Milford Haven) at 17:31, is that allowing enough time to connect through Piccadilly?
I have been to Manchester Piccadilly before, and know that the TfW trains depart from the main platforms (1-12) or something like that, but I am not sure as to which platforms TPE are running their services to? This would tell me whether I would be able to make that connection in time.
Feel free to vote in the section above as a reply!
Many thanks.
I am planning my return journey from Newcastle to Hereford, via Manchester, for later in the year, but have a question about the connection time for certain trains at Piccadilly.
I was planning to get the TPE from Newcastle to Manchester Victoria, then connect on the Metrolink across to Piccadilly for my train home, but found out that there are plenty of services running at the same price onwards to Piccadilly.
So, if I left Newcastle on the 14:47 TPE to Piccadilly, and that arrived in at 17:19; and I wished to catch my connecting train (Transport for Wales service terminating at Carmarthen/Milford Haven) at 17:31, is that allowing enough time to connect through Piccadilly?
I have been to Manchester Piccadilly before, and know that the TfW trains depart from the main platforms (1-12) or something like that, but I am not sure as to which platforms TPE are running their services to? This would tell me whether I would be able to make that connection in time.
Feel free to vote in the section above as a reply!
Many thanks.
