Do they even record that? If presumably using google pay or other NFC apps, the IMEI won't be communicated unless the app specifically made it do so.Apart from your phones IEMI code
2. Would you get a penalty if you got inspected at Bury but records show you touched in and out in the Zone 1 area? For example if someone touched in at Piccadilly then travelled to Bury and didn't touch out, then travelled back to Piccadilly but had a ticket inspection on the tram after just leaving Bury or anywhere in Zone 4 and then the person left the tram at Victoria and touched out? Would this automatically apply a penalty
3. Would you get a penalty if you touched in at Piccadilly, travelled to Bury and didn't touch out but then travelled to Rochdale and had a ticket check leaving Bury but touched out at Rochdale? Would their system give you a penalty for making that untouched Bury journey?
4. Would you get refund on a £60 penalty issued if by touching in and out using a phone but they pinged your card during a inspection or vice versa
I’m really not thrilled with being kicked off a tram at Ashton Moss and having to walk 1.5 miles to IKEA in the pouring rain because “there’s a blockage between here and Ashton-under-Lyne,” only to see absolutely nothing on the track and, what’s more, a tram from Ashton passing me as I walk it...
There is, because I hoped someone might explain why?Well there’s not much point in complaining about it on here is there?
The line being blocked may have simply been an easy way to explain something quite technical.
I think what 507 meant was that this isn’t a Metrolink Complaints Helpline!There is, because I hoped someone might explain why?
But a public discussion forum, and I’m simply discussing the irritating situation on Metrolink yesterday in case someone else experienced it or knew what was going on…?I think what 507 meant was that this isn’t a Metrolink Complaints Helpline!
Almost always it's because a motorist drives onto the track then grounds themselves. Only then do they realise their car doesn't have the ultimate right to go wherever it wants.I’m really not thrilled with being kicked off a tram at Ashton Moss and having to walk 1.5 miles to IKEA in the pouring rain because “there’s a blockage between here and Ashton-under-Lyne,” only to see absolutely nothing on the track and, what’s more, a tram from Ashton passing me as I walk it...
You've didn't mention the date until this post, so nobody could have known when it was. Someone might now be able to give you a reason, particularly if you can say approximately what time it was. Nice photo and maybe about 1600?.But a public discussion forum, and I’m simply discussing the irritating situation on Metrolink yesterday in case someone else experienced it or knew what was going on…?
It automatically opens the door at the next stop for the door that has been pressed.Travelling on metrolink earlier, I noticed the door buttons flashing mid journey. Why do they do this? Also i noticed people pressing them too. Are they trying to open the doors or something or is it a request to stop? If not then can't these people see others stood against the doors before attempting to open them mid journey.
You can pre-open the doors so that when they are unlocked, they immediately openTravelling on metrolink earlier, I noticed the door buttons flashing mid journey. Why do they do this? Also i noticed people pressing them too. Are they trying to open the doors or something or is it a request to stop? If not then can't these people see others stood against the doors before attempting to open them mid journey.
Ahh OK thanks that explains itYou can pre-open the doors so that when they are unlocked, they immediately open
Media City UK?MCUK?
Ah, yes, thank you!Media City UK?
No worries, I looked at it twice before the penny dropped!Ah, yes, thank you!
I thought this was something to do with the signal or something, this happens at whitefield a lot when the turn back is used but I’m not sure why it happens reallyAre there any Metrolink drivers that can explain why trams leaving MediaCityUK stop twice?
Meaning, the driver switches ends as normal after pulling into the stop, then after getting into the opposite cab, drives up about 3-5 metres and stops again, before actually leaving.
Question might be too specific.
I'm just curious if anyone does know
That's the thing, at MCUK it happens regardless of the signal aspect, which is what's confusing meI thought this was something to do with the signal or something, this happens at whitefield a lot when the turn back is used but I’m not sure why it happens really
No, I don't mean that. They literally always stop. It happens every single time, regardless of signal aspect, regardless of people running late for the tram.A lot of the time it’s latecomers running up and drivers opening the doors for them.
This is correct, almost every time without fail I will see this happen at MCUKNo, I don't mean that. They literally always stop. It happens every single time, regardless of signal aspect, regardless of people running late for the tram.
Are there any Metrolink drivers that can explain why trams leaving MediaCityUK stop twice?
Meaning, the driver switches ends as normal after pulling into the stop, then after getting into the opposite cab, drives up about 3-5 metres and stops again, before actually leaving.
Question might be too specific.
I'm just curious if anyone does know
No, I don't mean that. They literally always stop. It happens every single time, regardless of signal aspect, regardless of people running late for the tram.
I thought it might have been a TRTS thing. Thanks for the answerThe signals at MEC are RTS demand signals. You can only send an RTS (ready to start) demand when you’re over a physical loop.
Therefore, you have to draw up to the ‘loop’ in order to request a proceed for the signal. If you look at the platform edge you’ll spot a red stop mark about 3 feet short of the end of the platform that denotes where the loop is.
It’s an odd set up, and I’ve never quite been able to get to the bottom of why it’s set up this way.
Strictly speaking, you’re not allowed to release the doors once you’ve moved up to the loop.

I thought it might have been a TRTS thing. Thanks for the answer![]()