• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester Airport train cancellations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llandudno

Established Member
Joined
25 Dec 2014
Messages
2,753
Location
Matlock
Personally I wouldn’t risk travelling by TransPennine if I was catching a plane unless I was going the night before and staying at an airport hotel.

Mind you I wouldn’t risk travelling by TransPennine if I was going to/from an evening sports event, concert or theatre show!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

noddingdonkey

Member
Joined
2 Nov 2012
Messages
927
Of course, that's assuming you have enough notice of your booked train being cancelled to be able to catch an earlier train. Personally, I'd prefer the safer* option of booking the earlier train (*unless, of course, consecutive services are cancelled, in which case you'd be screwed either way).
Indeed, I was thinking of the opening to this thread in which discussing taking an earlier service in view of the greater than usual potential for disruption and how that might affect ticket acceptance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top