• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Man killed by T&W Metro on Friday the 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten2340

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2011
Messages
338
Location
Gateshead
I'm sure most people up here have heard about this but with regards to the poor guy who was killed by a metro between Felling and Heworth has got me wondering if this is the first fatality on the system since it opened. This is the first time I can recall such a tragic thing occurring.

I saw the police appeal flyer in the Co-op this morning and this got me thinking this.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

blue sabre

Member
Joined
6 Jun 2010
Messages
205
I'm sure most people up here have heard about this but with regards to the poor guy who was killed by a metro between Felling and Heworth has got me wondering if this is the first fatality on the system since it opened. This is the first time I can recall such a tragic thing occurring.

I saw the police appeal flyer in the Co-op this morning and this got me thinking this.
Unfortunately not, there have been numerous fatalities. Only last year a teenager was struck and killed as he walked along the tracks. There have been a few suicides as well.
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
Not the first and it'll not be the last, which is unfortunate for the family, the driver and the people who have to sort it all out. Not a nice job to do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top