Darren R
Established Member
Hadn't it already been diverted due to the broken rail, which is why it was going down the L&Y in the first place?
I think this is the TPE concerned; the 1212 Liverpool Lime Street to Newcastle. http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y00268/2015/11/19/advanced
Already running late by the time it left Victoria, it was diverted via the Calder Valley only to get stuck in the melee. The 1326 Manchester Victoria to Leeds via Brighouse was in front of it, but unfortunately by then there were two other trains behind it, one of which was another diverted TPE service (1Pxx but I can't remember which exactly.) I don't know how long it was stuck, but it was at least a couple of hours. Does anyone know know what time the passengers were finally released?
A Blackburn to Manchester Victoria via Todmorden train, having already set off, was stopped at Accrington before reversing and returning to Vic non-stop via Blackburn and Bolton.