• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

lxfe_mxtterz's Fantasy Railway World

Status
Not open for further replies.

lxfe_mxtterz

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2018
Messages
1,072
Location
Sarahdale (West of Emmerdale)
Hi everyone.

I've decided to create this thread in order to present to anyone who may potentially hold an interest in fictional railways, an ongoing project that I've been working on for just over a year.

As of now, I've simply decided to call this project "lxfe_mxtterz's Fantasy Railway World".

This project is essentially a fantasy world of railways (as suggested by the title), which I have, in my spare time, created from scratch.

Currently, I have a railway network map that is still in development, and a few timetables which I have started to create on my phone. Furthermore, I also have started to mentally design some stations, and I hope to get these ideas down either digitally or on paper at some point, whenever I get the chance to.

All station names in this project have either been inspired by, or in the nicest way possible, "taken" from existing railway stations, inspired by external sources, or best of all, invented entirely by myself, e.g. Holtworthland.

You can find a PDF download of my incomplete railway network map below. Please ignore the enormous spreadsheet shrouding most of the page - this is a very large area yet to be worked on. You will be able to find the part of the map that is complete in the bottom right hand corner of the page.

I'm currently in the process of redoing the aforementioned timetables to make them look more professional, but here is a part of one of them which I have completed as of now:

0B45E18C-03D6-455F-9BCA-351DA8FF3A52.jpeg

Deviating slightly off the topic of railways as such, I've also started creating a few road maps of towns and cities which are included in my fantasy world, starting with Gladstone.

I will also try my best to update the railway network map, if and when I can actually find the motivation to add some more content to it!

I hope that someone out there finds some interest in what I'm doing. Any comments, constructive criticisms or even questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)
 

Attachments

  • lxfe_mxtterz's Fantasy Railway World.pdf
    420 KB · Views: 43
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Thebaz

Member
Joined
24 Nov 2016
Messages
496
Location
Purley
Aye up. I used to do this when I was boy, going to various lengths to create fictional towns, maps and rail services usually predicated on some cerebral model railway plan which would never get built.

Out of curiosity, what program are you using to create your timetables?
 
Last edited:

lxfe_mxtterz

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2018
Messages
1,072
Location
Sarahdale (West of Emmerdale)
Aye up. I used to do this when I was boy, going to various lengths to create fictional towns, maps and rail services usually predicated on some cerebral model railway plan which would never get built.

Out of curiosity, what program are you using to create your timetables?
Hi there and thanks for the comment. :)

Both the railway network map and the timetables are being created using the "Numbers" spreadsheet application on my iPhone.

I've decided to solely use my phone as it allows me to have quick and easy access to add more content to this project whenever I have the sufficient time and effort to do so, whether this be at home, or say on a train (or other mode of public transport), where I'd always have access to my phone, yet perhaps not a larger device, if the project were to be stored on there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top