• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Luxury Coach Hire with Meals service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masbroughlad

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2011
Messages
1,847
Location
Midlands
I am looking for information about luxury coaches (and I mean proper luxury!), where 'meals' can be provided on board.

Ideally am looking for hire in the Shropshire area, but realise as few and far between, may have to look further afield and pay the extra for them to travel from a home base.

I have found Peter Carol (luxurycoach.co.uk) - are their others?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Do I take it that there are no others then?!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

user15681

Established Member
Joined
3 Jun 2012
Messages
1,354
A quick Google turns up this: http://www.vipcoachhire.co.uk/vip-services/catering/

No idea what they are like though.

Kings Ferry are a good company and their VIP services are used by a lot (BBC, Sky, KLM, AIG and a few football clubs including Fulham, Charlton and Gillingham). From what I've heard locally they are good to use, but can't confirm it myself. Definitely not local to Shropshire though, their fleet is based in Gillingham in Kent.
 

34D

Established Member
Joined
9 Feb 2011
Messages
6,048
Location
Yorkshire
I don't believe any VIP coach hire would include a set up for meals

The main reason is that fine dining always comes with wine. Serving alcoholic drinks is not permitted. Much better to stop off at a restaurant.
 

quarella

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2009
Messages
820
I think 34D may be thinking of the
...voluntary guidelines that apply to PSV operators with regard to Section 1 (1) of the Sporting Events
(Control of Alcohol) Act 1985, as amended by the Public Order Act 1986, which prohibits the carriage of alcohol on a PSV that is being used for the principal purpose of carrying passengers for the whole or part of a journey to or from a designated sporting event.
A “designated sporting event” generally means any association football match,
whether national or international. The full legal definition of “designated sporting
events” may be found in The Sports Grounds and Sporting Events (Designation
Order) 1985, as amended by SI 1520/1987.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/326472/np-2008-03-july-2014.pdf
 

notadriver

Established Member
Joined
1 Oct 2010
Messages
3,737
So on a moving coach passengers would have to wear seat belts and not be served alcohol. I think only light snacks and drinks are viable.
 

quarella

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2009
Messages
820
So on a moving coach passengers would have to wear seat belts and not be served alcohol. I think only light snacks and drinks are viable.

On specific journeys to CERTAIN sporting fixtures alcohol is banned. Other journeys including to sporting fixtures not included in the act alcohol, should you want it is fine and is on the menus offered by the companies mentioned above. Seatbelts, where provided it is a legal requirement to wear them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top