I’m trying to understand the fares, but not getting very far based on the limited information available, so I’m hoping someone can assist.
(I’ve tried looking at brfares.com and can’t make sense of it)
My local newspaper has been boasting that Lumo fares for my regular journey (Carlisle to Euston) “start at £25.90 for a single journey between Carlisle and London” but I have no idea if that is accurate, and I’m assuming that’s for an advance ticket.
Currently, I book my regular Avanti journeys in advance, and consistently pay around £95-100 for the return journey.
If I have to travel down for a meeting at relatively short notice then I’m screwed, as the cost is randomly anywhere from £160-£225.
Can those of you who understand ticketing and brfares.com better than me, give me a rough idea of what a short notice ‘walk in’ fare would be from Carlisle to Euston please?
Thanks